[Mgs] Performance oil systems

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Performance oil systems
From: "James Nazarian" <james.nazarian@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:36:07 -0400
I tried this on the V8 list a couple of weeks ago but it didn't go anywhere
useful so I'd like to ask this list for some help.  My BGT V8 is mostly an
autocross car.  Unfortunately, during autocross, I'm uncovering the oil
pickup and starving the engine for oil.  I'm trying to find information
about wet sump oil systems for high performance engines.  I'm not opposed to
building an oil pan, I just want to know what to build.  I guessed once and
that was not effective.  Does anyone have any advice, or can they point me
to information that might be helpful?  I don't have the time/money/space in
car to design a dry sump system, and I'm considering an accusump, but I'd
like to solve the root cause first.

thanks,
James