Re: [Mgs] car factoid

To: <jello@ida.net>, <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] car factoid
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:37:01 -0700
The venerable A series engines did make it into a number of Lotus 11s
either as owner installs in kit supplied form or as cheaper replacements
when the Climax went bang.

In the UK the Elise started out with the Rover K engine, so at least the
heritage continues.

On another note, the barn storming Exige featured in the television "Top
Gear" shootout against a missile equipped helicopter was specially
fitted with a supercharged Honda engine. Guess where the supercharger
came from?

Hint: The same place the UK version of the Ariel Atom got theirs from.

Kelvin Dodd