[Mgs] trunk lid

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] trunk lid
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:18:47 -0500
Over the weekend I put on my new used trunk lid. It fits better than the
old one, but still has some sign of
moron trying to shove it down, as it doesn't lay flat on the left side.
Is there something I can do about that?
I'll talk to my cousin who does body work. I've got a new set of hinges
off eBay, that were in better shape
than mine. Not sure how to tell left from right.

Anyway, I can't seem to get the catch to work right. I worked on it with
out the lock, and thought I had it,
but then when I put the lock in, it doesn't move enough to unlatch. I
twisted the lock and drilled a small hole
in the lid (that would be covered by the lock, and using a drill bit,
can pop open the trunk.

I have the striker (402-540) up as high as it will go. Is there any
adjustment for the latch assembly (402-530)?

Perhaps this is related to the slight bend in the lid?

As an aside, the old lid had the late style luggage rack. I'm not going
to use it, if anyone is interested.
I'm thinking it's about time to get setup selling on eBay.

Paul.