Re: [Mgs] Painting Coil Springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Painting Coil Springs
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:21:13 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/2007 9:17:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
temporarilyoffline@gmail.com writes:

I've got  some rust on my coil springs that I'd like to get cleaned and
covered while  I have them on the bench.

Any recommendations for paint?  Salty  Winter roads are approaching my
daily driver  soon.

____________________________________

Well you aren't in much danger of them rusting through, but if  you want to
clean them up just use Tremclad, as you probably have some oxide on  them
unless you really sandblast them.

You can go for the extroverted red, or the demure black or any  of the other
colours in their range.

I paint a lot of stuff in Rebuilder's Grey (not a Tremclad  product) as it
makes things look like a raw unpainted casting.

Rest assured that sooner or later they will chip anyway as  stones kick up at
them.

Bill