Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries

To: dcouncill@msubillings.edu, sumton@sbcglobal.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:33:17 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/2007 8:05:15 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
dcouncill@msubillings.edu writes:

I prefer  the two 6 volt batteries. They have always proved more reliable
and durable  during extreme cold weather starting.

So why not go with two 12 volt batteries wired parallel?  This  should work
even better than the two six volt batteries...and be cheaper  too.

My 74.5 came with a single 12 volt, as have most all cars since then...with
the exception of heavy duty pickups and SUVs which sometimes come with dual
12's.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields