Re: [Mgs] Home-Built Flywheel Holder

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Home-Built Flywheel Holder
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:27:24 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/2007 10:09:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

PITA  job. I've got to do some digging for part numbers. Rocket makes a
flywheel  bolt for a Chrysler application that has a slightly taller head
making them  less prone to rounding.

This is one of the areas where an air impact  wrench makes all the
difference.

----------------
Perhaps, but I  was also afraid that - being a novice with air tools - it
might simply allow  me to round off the bolt heads more quickly!

Just one more example of the inherent superiority of the 3  main design - the
flywheel is held on by studs that are inserted in the crank  from the block
side and nuts (nice big regular hex nuts) on the rear side that  you can get a
wrench onto!  None of these wimpy thin headed flat  bolts!

The only possible PITA is if you need to replace the studs,  you'd have to
remove the rear main cap for access.  But then you rarely  need to replace
studs
except at rebuild.

Bill