Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries [gone way OT -- floating

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries [gone way OT -- floating
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:33:12 -0700
To be precise, the canvas screens on the "floating" tanks were supported by
inflatable frames, so "inflatable" was an applicable description there, too.
I recently watched a Discovery Channel program where they tested a
recreation of this contrivance on a more recent scout tank. It actually took
to the water and maneuvered, briefly, then started taking on water through
the axle seals and other chassis orifices -- the screens held up, at least
under pond-like conditions.

The post-storm channel on D-Day was definitely not pond-like, however, and I
have to say this apparatus would not have made me feel very confident as a
tank "skipper".

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149