Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries
From: Bert Palte <palte@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 19:57:22 +0200
Well, it was me who started this thread in the first place.

I was asked, why I did not convert to one 12V battery.

First: I've owned the car for almost twenty tears now. Have replaced
the same batteries therefore 4 or 5 times earlier.
Of course, there was no reason to suspect that nowadays, availability
would be an issue and it could thought to
be meaningful to convert to one 12V battery.

Second: I ordered my batteries at the same company where I have
ordered most of my car parts over the last 35 years.
I don't normally ask the price of what I want. Either you trust them
or you dont.
Basically I thought I had a ball park idea about the price.  (I was
wrong, I have to admit).

Third: The general idea is that by doing all the work (except the
mandatory annual safety inspection) on my cars myself,
I save so much labour cost that the price of the parts is not of
great importance.

*** New problem: It seems that the 20W50-grade oil for our older cars
is now more difficult to get at!

Bert