Re: [Mgs] LE wheels

To: "Kelvin Dodd" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, <John.Hed@faa.gov>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] LE wheels
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:13:05 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <John.Hed@faa.gov>
To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 12:06 PM
Subject: LE wheels

Larry,

saw your posting on the MGB digest.  You wrote:

...Bill said the Dbc 33728 Gray Met. looks pretty close

What is Dbc? a brand?  If I go to a local auto paint place, will they
understand this code?

John Hed
80 LE

======================================

Sorry, John.  Dbc stands for Deltron base coat (Deltron is a PPG product)
and 33728 is the color that Bill at Tower Paint thinks most closely matches
my LE wheels.

Now, this color is based on my 28 year old wheels that are in need of
restoration.  Kelvin, didn't you say you had some new LE wheels made that
very closely matched a well-preserved LE?  Do you suppose you could get a
paint color code from those for us?

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup (Ute)

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."