Re: [Mgs] Palo Alto show

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Palo Alto show
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:35:48 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/2007 12:10:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
max_heim@sbcglobal.net writes:
Why would anyone care if they saw a Delorean?  <g>
Well Max,
According to the following article out of SCI-FI Tech/SCIFI.COM Posted on
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Yes, obviously a certain element of people care  enough about the Stainless
Steel bodied car that:
The DeLorean is making a  comeback in 2008
Good news for wealthy, impractical Back to the Future fans:  the DeLorean is
making a comeback. With manufacturing beginning at the end of  this year, the
DeLorean should be for sale in the first quarter of next year for  a projected
price of $57,500.
As cool as this is, you've gotta wonder if  there's any way buying a new
DeLorean could not be disappointing. After all,  there's no flux capacitor, no
Mr.
Fusion, and no ability to fly. It's just a car  from a sweet movie that's
just as impractical as it was 25 years ago. But hey,  you can't help loving
some
things, can you? We'll see if we suddenly see an  influx of DeLoreans on the
road come next summer. b Adam Frucci SCIFI.
_http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/08/21/the_delorean_is.html_
(http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/08/21/the_delorean_is.html)
I wouldn't mind seeing them as I feel that their place in history was  stolen
from them by the lame actions of the person who was most responsible for  the
car being built in the first place, John DeLorean. They have sadly been
relegated to being the butt of dumb jokes about snow plows, etc. We still get
one
or two well kept DeLoreans every year at our annual British Car Show...While
they were definitely underpowered, I wish a Series 2 could have been built
with a more powerful engine and better suspension (the plaintive wail of
British  Car fans everywhere... 8^)
Albert Escalante