[Mgs] Head Gasket Sealer

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Head Gasket Sealer
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:21:46 -0700
Hello again,

I am ready to install my rebuild head on my 1800 MGB engine.  Both the head
and block have been surfaced to insure they are flat.  I have the Payen head
gasket.  I have never used this type of gasket before.  It has small inset
copper rings around the water and oil holes.  There is still some depressed
corrosion eroded areas around the water holes in the block with rough
surfaces.  I am concerned that the small copper rings in the gasket might not
be big enough to seal these holes.  Should I use some type of gasket sealer?
And if so, which one?

Thanks for any advise.

Ron Fine
66 MGB