Re: [Mgs] MGB turbo? (Was:Re:MGB engine)

To: "Matt Trebelhorn" <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>, "MGS List"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB turbo? (Was:Re:MGB engine)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:47:55 -0700
The turbo conversion sold by Moss Motors was manufactured by Arkay
Engineering of Gardena and Hawthorne, CA.

The company offered kits for a range of vehicles including the MGB and
VW Vanagon. There are a number of hits on the name in various VW lists.

This was before my time at Moss, but I remember the kits showing up in
the catalogs. I asked a co-worker and his memory was that there were
issues with the kit and the designers were not very forthcoming with
technical assistance, so the product was dropped.

This is very different from the current Supercharger program which is
totally in-house, relying only on outside manufacturers for the Eaton
blower unit.

Kelvin Dodd

Trebelhorn