Re: [Mgs] Weber carb info

To: <FlynShoot@aol.com>, <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Weber carb info
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:29:54 +0100
That implies there was a problem with the vacuum pipe or the vacuum capsule
on the distributor, i.e. a leak.  In normal use there is no flow through the
vacuum pipe other than the tiny amount needed to deflect the diaphragm.  If
there is a leak it will pull through air constantly and weaken the mixture.
Can't speak for a Weber but with SUs and Zenith (and I can't see the Weber
being any different) vacuum advance gives sharper part throttle acceleration
and improved cruising economy.

PaulH.