[Mgs] Minilite from minilite.co.uk vs Minilite replica vs Panasport

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Minilite from minilite.co.uk vs Minilite replica vs Panasport
From: "Pat Harris - \"sammler\"" <sammler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:17:14 -0500
First - if I could find new steel wheels I'd probably go for them ;-)

If someone has advice or warnings about purchasing the Minilite replica
wheel please let me know.

Minilite in England <http://minilite.co.uk/>responded with a price quote
very quickly. $210 per wheel, including lug nuts and hubcap for $210
plus the freight charge of approximately $50 per wheel.  (The freight
charge was in two parts -  $40 for the overseas shipping to their
warehouse in the States and then an $18 shipping fee from there to my
address in SC.)  Total per wheel - *$258.00*

All prices below were calculated based on the catalog prices and have
been divided by 4 to obtain a per wheel price.

My favorite seller has the Minilite replica wheel, 4 lug nuts and the
hubcap for *$193.90* and with the order for all the wheels there would
be free shipping.  I haven't called them yet to find out if the lug nuts
are chromed and the hubcap has the MG logo.

Panasport, also from my favorite seller, is *$249.00* per wheel and with
the order for all the wheels there would be free shipping.  I do
understand that the Panasport would use a wider tire but I don't know
that I need/want that.

One of the other major purveyors of nice things for MGs has the Minilite
replica wheel, 4 chrome lug nuts and the MG logo center cap for $202.22
plus $9.07 = *$211.29*.  (I took their price for a complete set and
divide the charges by 4 to arrive a a per wheel price.)

Thanks,
Pat