Re: [Mgs] Was Attn californians, now "black plate cars"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Was Attn californians, now "black plate cars"
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
--- Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com> wrote:

> *This caused lines like you cannot believe at the DMV.  The DMV
> learned
> their lesson, and never did a wholesale plate exchange again.

Here in Washington all license tabs were due at the first of
the year, and there were massive lines (I remember standing
in such a line with my father in the 60s).  Then in the 70s
they started basing the renewal on the month in which you
bought your car.  But we still have to get new plates every
few years, probably so the retro-reflective surface will be
nice and targetable by laser speed traps.  Now we're even
starting to see a few parasitic red-light cameras - we've all
read what a revenue shakedown scam those are!  "Yeah, we'll
just reduce the yellow light from 8 seconds to 2 seconds!"

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com
http://mail.yahoo.com