Re: [Mgs] "black plate cars"

To: "Stephen West-fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] "black plate cars"
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:39:01 -0500
I am intrigued!  Can someone point me to the chat on this?  When I
was working at Marconi in England way back in the 60s, there was a
chap who was called in as an expert witness in a speeding case.  He,
as a Marconi employee, has apparently developed the first cop radar
catcher thing.  His testimony was that one could not beat the damn
thing.  Now whether this was a Marconi official statement or was his
engineering opinion I have no idea - BUT the latter seems reasonable
as Marconi was just not into selling much less having a marketing
strategy and that as they say is a whole new story!!

Interestingly enough Canadian Marconi for all the 60s were
consistently awarded the contract for Doppler radar for the US
military as Hughes, GE, Raytheon, et al just could not match their product.

At 09:24 AM 11/4/2007, Stephen West-fisher wrote:
>How would that work? Both light and RF travel pretty much at the speed of
>light. I would think the very minute delay in creating the proper Doppler
>shift and transmitting it would cause the original signal to get to the
>camera just before the "doctored" one. Is there any documentation of such a
>device working?
>
>--
>Stephen West-Fisher
>Coastal Data Systems