Re: [Mgs] Totally off topic but funny

To: dave@camptownshakers.com,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Totally off topic but funny
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:28:25 -0500
So let me see - You assume the clerk is maudlin idiot just because he
was working there?  Are you suggesting that I, as a poorly paid
worker in pre-University days, did not have gumption to tell
management that customers did not like something?

My recent exploits have shown me that most of retail staff agree that
9999 pricing is awkward and dumb - and a clerk in Future Shop and I,
had a great time laughing as he stumbled over the 9999 prices.  I bet
he chats to his boss and passes on the message that some customers
are not too keen on 9999 pricing.  Enough of us make this point and
maybe we will get back to sensible pricing.

.....as a corollary, I always complement people who have even prices!
Down to earth, straight from the hip, no nonsense  Saturday market
people all have even prices (well at our market anyway!)

At 09:25 AM 12/26/2007, dave@camptownshakers.com wrote:
>Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> writes:
> > I get extremely annoyed at this 999.999 price list business.  Every
> > damn price tag is in the 99999 class - I mean how dumb do they think
> > we are.  SO this is the ploy I use to get back at these stupid price
> > tags.  I go into a shop to buy something and tell the clerk that I
> > find 9999 prices offensive and insulting - so I want him to show me
> > whatever (shirts, tools, etc etc) but if he/she gives any price in
> > 99999 I will walk out and NOT buy anything.  So then the fun begins
> > !!!  He/she will struggle to quote $50 instead of $49.99 etc etc.  I
> > allow one mistake but on the second - I look at the number of goodies
> > I was going to buy....and walk out - to return next day IF I have
> > seen anything I really want.  It is tremendous fun!   I continually
> > fight this insane doohickey and call people idiots when they quote me
> > in 999999999.
>
>So let me see if I understand, you find your fun in picking on minimum
>wage clothing store employees who would probably love to tell you where to
>shove the 99 cents but need the job?
>

> > Regards
> > Barrie

Regards