Re: [Mgs] the fun begins

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] the fun begins
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:09:11 -0800 (PST)
A bit ago I wrote:

> And now, a look at the combustion chambers and the
> valves: http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0862.JPG  In
> this view, the #4 cylinder is on the left.  Again, >
there is nothing visually revealing about #2's
> pressure problem.

Upon reinspection, I have noticed that the
discoloration on the #2 exhaust valve is asymetrical.
Check it out.  Once I disassemble the valve train I
will inspect that discolored side and will probably
find that the valve and/or seat is burned there.  Who
knows how the valves were adjusted before I got the
car.  I'll send pictures once I get it opened.

More as the discovery process continues.

rick