Re: [Mgs] SU HS6 Carbs

To: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] SU HS6 Carbs
From: "Jim Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:10:00 -0500
I like the simplicity of SU carbs, so much so that I put new HS6s on my TR 6.
These were new and don't seem to be as well made as the originals.  If you're
talking about HS6s on a stock MGB, I would guess they would give little
advantage.  The HS4s flow well with stock engines, and the same basic size (H4)
on my MGA 1500 race engine with better cam and header has proven capable up to
6000 rpm.  I don't have experience with hotter MGB engines.

Jim
1957 MGA #311