Re: [Mgs] Unreal!!!!!

To: shop@justbrits.com, MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Unreal!!!!!
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 10:36:50 +1030
On 05/04/2008, at 9:17 AM, <shop@justbrits.com> <shop@justbrits.com>
wrote:

> Whether you are a NASCAR fan or not, TRY to catch Texas qualifying
> for the most UN-believable, BRUTAL crash I have EVER seen in ANY
> racing venue!!!  EIGHT barrel rolls!!!!!  Car # 00, Michael McDowell.
>
> And for further UN-REAL, the driver got out of the resultant piece
> of trash walked to the ambulance but WAVED to the crowd!!!  Already
> released from Infield Care Center & interviewed on TV!!

Don't we love the safety systems in these cars.

This crash sticks in my mind because at the same weekend a V8
Supercar tripped over the same curb and did something rather
similar.  The cause was a car being pushed out wide on a corner and
clipping curbing  where an unused section of track enters the main
section.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uxm2yuI1xHM

The pity is they have pulled  down the Youtube video of the V8
Supercar crash for "terms of use violation".

They have altered that part of the track now but it was weird for
these two crashes  on the same weekend when it had never happened at
that part of the track before.

Both drivers walked away from them.

Eric
'68MGB MkII