Re: [Mgs] Fwd: Have a lovely and safe weekend, everyone.

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fwd: Have a lovely and safe weekend, everyone.
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 17:17:55 +0930
On 19/04/2008, at 4:19 PM, Eric Erickson wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> I would like to take this moment to remind people to:
>>
>> Buckle up.
>> Watch the traffic in front of you (and particularly read the
>> traffic ahead of the car in front of you).
>> Keep your correct distance from the car in front of you.

Sorry about the attached images (that get discarded by the list - I
can send them to you if you want them :-) - it just shows how
distracted and grumpy I was.

Yes, someone hit me up the rear when I had to brake fairly hard (but
not hard enough to lock up my tires) to stop behind a car that slowed
dramatically in the middle of the road.  Luckily we had only just
taken off from traffic lights so weren't going all that fast - but I
had no-where to escape to with traffic on my left and right.

When I was braking I could see the person behind wasn't stopping so I
let my car jump forward further hoping it would give the car behind
me enough room to stop but I ran out of room to go forward and she
hit me.  Luckily I was hard on the brakes by that time so I didn't
get pushed into the car in front.

Car is driveable but the over-riders have been pushed into the rear
valance, the boot lid (that escaped damage the last time I got hit in
the rear) has a score mark under the lock and I have just noticed it
has bent my exhaust under the car - I hope it hasn't put pressure on
the extractors.

And to top it all off, I have just noticed I have a sore wrist and
fingers (the high-back race seat protected my neck).

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia