Re: [Mgs] Another cup holder

To: Stuart MacMillan <macgroup@comcast.net>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Another cup holder
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
I find it funny that it's a 'German-engineered' cupholder - as for many years,
the German cars had among the worst cupholders made! My Audi A4 has a pop-out
model in the dash that causes the beverage to sit directly in front of one of
the air vents. So, if you have coffee in there, it cools it quickly, even if
you close the vent. And it's positioned directly above the radio, so that any
beverage that might sweat a little (like a water bottle in the summer) drips
directly down on the radio's face. And when you fold it to push it back into
the dash, it tilts enough so that any liquid that might have collected in the
bottom, dumps directly on the radio! It also has the 'wobblies' if the bottle
is a little narrow.

There are 2 cupholders in the center armrest, but if I use them, they interfere
with my elbow when shifting.

Oh well, I didn't but the Audi for the cupholders!

Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/