[Mgs] 1974 OD tranny info

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] 1974 OD tranny info
From: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 09:36:49 -0700
Boy, I went though some of my receipts for my failed GT restoration project.
That was depressing!  I don't really want to know what I've put into my MGs
over the last 40 years!  At least I have ONE that runs.

Anyway, it looks like I only have one OD tranny, and that's from a '74 GT
that I rebuilt in 1993.

Listed below is what went into it.  I may have to put it on eBay to
determine what it's worth, and I'd have at least a $1000 reserve.

But, I may keep it for my daughter's '72, and sell hers (works great!) for
less.  I'm also going to sell my '73 project GT, but if I can't sell it for
restoration, I'll pull the OD out of it as well, it may be worth more than
the car.  It was also working fine.

Rebuilt 1974 OD gearbox parts list:

Trans O/H kit: $270 (bearings, syncros and layshaft)

Ball bearings: $24

Rear mainshaft bearing: $20

OD o-ring set: $15

OD gasket set: $17