Re: [Mgs] MGA fuel pump

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA fuel pump
From: "Don Scott" <dscott1@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 14:38:15 -0700
try tightening the screws that hold the cylindrical body to
the base of the pump.  If it continues to leak because the
diaphragm is torn, I think it would be easier just to get
another pump.  I've rebuilt them, but you will spend quite a
bit of time and energy doing the rebuild if you haven't done
it before.

Don Scott
1962 MGA
1973 MGB GT (beautiful car needing finishing touches, which
happens to be for sale)
1991 Miata BRG

>>> Paul Root 05/02/08 12:41 PM >>>
When mine was leaking, it was just the cap on the end. I
made a gasket
out of cork
and was back in 20 minutes.

On May 2, 2008, at 2:05 PM, Tom Gunderson wrote:

> My pump seems to be leaking. Should I replace it or can I
rebuild it.