Re: [Mgs] gas cap

Subject: Re: [Mgs] gas cap
From: "Chad Cooper" <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:54:45 -0500
Sorry the company is Stant

-----Original Message-----
From: mgs-bounces+mgb72=airmail.net@autox.team.net
[mailto:mgs-bounces+mgb72=airmail.net@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Chad
Cooper
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 9:57 AM
To: 'Paul Root'; 'MG Mailing List'

I was able to use one of the standard locking caps that are or were on the
shelf at the chain parts stores.  I took a flat file and filed out two
grooves in the inside of the filler neck to accommodate the ridges that were
on the one I bought.  I just made sure the diameter of the main body fit
inside the neck snugly so the locking tabs could engage.  I believe the cap
was made by Standt, no marking on it anymore because I used lacquer thinner
to get it off so it would be plain silver/chrome.

Cheap solution