Re: [Mgs] Post Crunch Pleasure

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Post Crunch Pleasure
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 05:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
That is a beautiful color for the car.
  Carl

  FWIW, My GT got hit going to work two winters ago and it turned out to be one
of the good things to happen to the car (profitable settlement). I am trying to
find another 16 year old on her cell phone to help me get a new paint job as
well :-)

Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net> wrote:
  I am a happy boy.

It looks like a great weekend for a topless drive in the hills (after
a week of much-needed rain in these parched parts ) AND I PICKED UP
MY CAR FROM THE PANEL SHOP TODAY!

For those who missed the earlier sob story, I was rear-ended near the
city the other week. Luckily it was not on the racetrack so the
other guy's (girl's) insurance company paid the $AU4,500.00 bill!

This is the second time I have had this little panel shop work on my
car and once again I am thrilled with their workmanship. There was
plenty of beating, cutting and painting to do.

I have put a couple of images up for the world to see. Pardon the
grainy images and the colour differential between pre and post panel
work shots (it was getting dark when I got home so the "after" shots
were taken with my phone camera). She really is that deep blue
colour but the quality of the workmanship shows even with the grainy
phone pictures.

Lots of prep still to do before the next big event - but I am a happy
man right now and I will be off for a decent drive tomorrow!

Here are the pix:

Before:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2377/2478326022_16161d8a3d.jpg

After: