Re: [Mgs] Chinese company to restart MG TF production -

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Chinese company to restart MG TF production -
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 15:36:17 +0100
One of many dates announced, none have been met so far, although this one is
closer so hopefully more chance of achieving it.  Last I heard the firm
contracted to do body welding had pulled out as the volumes weren't enough
to justify their investment, projected numbers (of cars and future
employees) and been reduced a number of times.  I hope they are more
'modern' than the Roewe ones shown accompanying the news item, they looked
almost exactly the same as the MG Rover models when they went bust.

PaulH.