Re: [Mgs] Timing curves for 123ignition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Timing curves for 123ignition
From: Donald Laub <donlaub@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:16:44 -0400
I had installed a Moss supercharger and a Sean Brown ported head on my
1969 MGB. I found that the advance curves on the stock replacement
distributors didn't yield the expected performance, so I installed the
123GB4RV. I currently use curve 7, with 22 degrees advance at 2000
rpm, and 30 degrees maximum advance at 4500 rpm. The old B is quite
zippy now.

Do you have the 123GB4RV or the  123MG4RV? The latter has the original
MG advance curves. And do you have a stock engine?

Don Laub
Burlington VT