Re: [Mgs] Performace queery

To: Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Performace queery
From: The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:48:40 -0500
Malcolm Jeffcock wrote:
> I have a 74B. It has a strong pulling high compression engine but lately I
>have experienced a quirky thing: I can, if I chose accelerate smoothly up to
>about 5K revs in every gear-I have done it only after experiencing what I am
>about to describe as my trouble. If I am on the highway with OD engaged
>cruising around 3500RPM's if is start to accelerate I experience a loss of
>power, the car hesitates and only when I take my foot off the gas and let the
>revs drop can I then accelerate-but only to about3600 RPM. Also if I am
>cruising along at 3500 with no hesitation and come to an incline the same
>symptom of power loss is experienced and right after it if I pull off and go
>from a stop I can shift up at high revs with no hesitation as I work through
>the gears!
>
> I am pondering the issue before taking action, have thought maybe
>condenser....any thoughts and suggestions?
Those symptoms can be cause by high-voltage breakdown, which is loss of power
because of losses in the low-voltage side of the ignition circuit or the coil.
There's a point where the high-voltage is not enough to fire the plugs.
Acceleration or climbing a hill can require more voltage than is available.

-The Roxter