[Mgs] Volt Meter

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Volt Meter
From: "Robert J. Guinness" <guinness@stclegal.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 14:03:14 -0500
-----Original Message-----

> I have a 1957 MGA 1500 with generator and pos ground.
> My battery has been loosing voltage. Do I need to install a
> volt meter to keep tabs on this? If so what would be the best
> thing to do. I still need to see if something in the car is
> pulling the voltage down. Where can I find a vintage volt meter?
> Thanks, Tom Gunderson
> 57 MGA

I had this same problem in my 1960 MGA 1600.  I finally replaced the Control
Box/Regulator [Moss Item 142-000 ($49.95)]. I have been driving happily ever
since.  Also, check out John Twist's videos on:

The Control Box at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL5ioH8idFI
The generator at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqCYcW0bAYA
Polarizing the generator at:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH_yIeKsBSM

--