Re: [Mgs] Replacing Catalytic Converter

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Replacing Catalytic Converter
From: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:00:04 -0500
since we're so off topic . . .

some years ago i had a car that needed a new cat.  it had a hole in it!  so
i went to a junkyard, and asked him if he had one.  he said that he was not
allowed to sell catalytic converters.

then he called one of his guys over and told him to get me a 'down pipe.'
puzzled, i followed him out into the yard.  he proceeded to remove a piece
of exhaust pipe from a car that had a cat still attached.  they brought it
up front and he rang me up a receipt which stated "down pipe."