Re: [Mgs] MG practicality

To: <don@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG practicality
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:19:49 +0100
One has to speak as one finds.  My V8 was my everyday car for several years
driving up to 150 miles per day and I had no problems at all, winter or summer
practicality, reliability or anything else.  In fact in freezing weather one
finds the hard-shoulders of motorways littered with modern cars with the
drivers scratching away at congealed salt and muck on the windscreens because
the washer bottle has frozen up, many being in a totally impractical position
for cold weather and unheated.  Never head that with the MGB.  Yes I know it
is a V8 and not a 4-cylinder, but I rarely drive faster in the V8 than the
roadster as both are well capable of exceeding any speed-limit in the UK.  A
lot of it is down to personal preferences more than practicality.  If one
likes all the modern conveniences of air-con, electric windows, heated seats
and so-on then I'm not surprised people find MGBs 'impractical'.  I have a
modern (2004) MG as well now with those conveniences, but I still prefer
driving both my MGBs.

PaulH.