[Mgs] Replace Steering Rack prior to Engine Install?

To: mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Replace Steering Rack prior to Engine Install?
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 08:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
Once I get the dr. side engine mount replaced, I was going to pop the steering
rack back into the car, before I reinstall the engine
and transmission. Is that the right sequence? Or should I wait until I put the
engine back in, in case the mounts don't line up and
I need to shift them around a bit? Can you even get to the engine mounts once
the engine is in? It's so difficult to reach behind the
brackets with plenty of room to work in, can't imagine how you'd do it with the
lump in there. And of course, with the steering shaft
going through the center of the dr side one....

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/