[Mgs] Steering column lock

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Steering column lock
From: mgbnutt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:10:35 -0400
Help!? My ignition key is stuck and I am at a loss as to?how proceed.?Should I
force it?? Do I need to take the lock apart?? I assume some piece of 30+ year
old zinc has corroded to dust and now the key is stuck in the "ON" position.?
At least the column?is unlocked and I can start the car, but I won't be able to
turn it off and get the key out.

I seem to remember reading something in more than one book about not
lubricating the ignition lock...is that true, or can I squirt some WD40 in
there?

Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks,
donny v