[Mgs] Big Bore gasket

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Big Bore gasket
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 00:52:11 +0930
Hi,

I hope everyone is going to have an MG weekend.  Off and on rain here
but I have managed to get out a few times. Sunday will see me in the
garage installing my new oil/temp gauge (nice and cheap from eBay) and
properly wiring up my cigarette light to help power my new GPS (a handy
tool - I finally found one cheap enough and good enough to make me a
late adopter).

Now the question.

I have bitten the bullet and I have started the "big bore" move (a bit
sooner than originally planned) to finally try to match the competition
on the track.  And by BIG bore, I mean the previously alluded to 1948cc.
  All the parts are to hand (everything balanced) and the block is
currently off being "seen to".  I have been lucky with some bits and
pieces "landing in my lap" so I have taken the hint and started moving
on the project.

What I really need right now (and there will be more questions... trust
me) is some help with the head gasket.  I don't want to put up with
overhang or work around it, I want a gasket that will "fit".

Does this mean customer made?

Someone has already pointed me to: http://www.cometic.com

Any other suggestions?

Eric