[Mgs] Fwd: Re: 90w in Transmission?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Fwd: Re: 90w in Transmission?
From: John Cahoon <j_cahoon@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
The CHEMISTRY of all of this is such that a 90W oil is
usually a differential lubricant.  The additives used
in a differential oil will react with any non-steel
components and cause failures. Any heavy trucker will
confirm this if you need extra support. a 20W50 engine
oil is the best for a MG transmission.  If you can
find a 90W "gear only" oil that should work as well
BUT avoid anything that claims to be GL rated or
hypoid applicable.  This is based largely upon my 27
years experience in lubricant formulation and testing.

JOHN CAHOON