Re: [Mgs] 90w in Transmission?

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 90w in Transmission?
From: <melfrankus@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 14:45:15 -0400
FWIW my Haynes (1978 light blue cover edition) recites Castrol 20w-50 for the
gearbox, 4.5 pints.
Another part of the manual tells me whether this is British or US pints.
The manual recommends changing this out every 12000 miles because metal filings
will be present in the trans. oil.
Mine was last changed in 1983 or 1984.  Still shits strong, syncros don't seem
worn.  But the next time I change engine oil this fall, will change this out
too.
I did replace the diff goo with 90w Hypoy gear oil when I put new drive shaft
assy in last year.
My MG runs fine, just figured out that when my MG is 70 years old, I'll be 100.
 I really have too much idle time.
Mel, 71MGB/GT