[Mgs] unusual MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] unusual MGA
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:07:54 -0800
A friend of mine alerted me to an MGA which is presently on eBay.  It was
on display at the Woodland British Car Show a few months ago.  It is an
unusual specimen.  However, something did get lost in the transition to
modern, fast, and reliable- it's overdone.  No patina on this one.  I
wonder if it will hit $100k.  It really needs silver coloured wheels; the
black wheels really detract given the car's black body.  The level of
quality is very very high.  It will not be in California much longer; will
it end up in Switzerland or Dubai?  Personally, I prefer one that has two
six-volt batteries, period-correct mirrors on the wings, period radio, but
those items are not expensive to add to the car.

He and I both noticed the car at the show and commented on it at the
time.  My friend's comment:  "..  I  note that super nice MK2 deluxe that
was at the Woodland meet is up on ebay .. I've NEVER seen another that nice
.. must have cost a fortune to restore ... cheers".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MG-MGA-1962-MGA-1600-MKII-DELUXE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80750QQihZ007QQitemZ170246235474QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Don Scott
Napa Valley, CA
MGA Mk II (very ordinary in comparison!)
MGB GT (beautiful, looking for new home)
Miata BRG (not British but gets me there)
TR4 (don't have yet)