Re: [Mgs] Unique car

To: mgs@autox.team.net, max_heim@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Unique car
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 20:31:04 EDT
Max...
I thought it looked sort of funny (the spelling that is...) Also I  hope
nobody thinks I meant to say it looks like an "Austin-Healey TR4 AC Ace"
Actually the Swallow Coachbuilding Company were a pretty active little
concern in the 1930's and 40's...An American named Arthur Anderson and his
daughter the beautiful California Blond by the name of Dorothy Deen (who passed
 away
just recently) flew over to England and Dorothy Deen and Arthur Anderson
made contacts and met a fellow named Frank Rainbow who'd recently designed a
svelte body that he wanted to see produced into a sports car along the lines of

the Jaguar XK120...Along the way they contacted Triumph Standard and made a
deal  to market the entire Triumph -Standard motorcar line in the US..If they
could  also sell their little dream car The Swallow-Dorretti.
Alas after seeing that the Swallow Dorretti could cause them to lose
potential customers in the USA, Jaguar who had a contract with  Swallow-Doretti
told
the little Coach Builder  that if they didn't stop  building the neat
Swallow-Dorretti bodies for Anderson and Dorothy Deen....Well,  lets say Jaguar
was
apt to put the coach builder out of business and for sure  they would stop
doing
any business with Swallow Coachworks, et al! Needless to  say production
stopped immediately....The Bodies that hadn't been mated to  engines and drive
trains were sold to Monks Garage at Monksplath...See more  about this anomaly
of
the early 1950's by going to. _http://www.doretti.co.uk/_
(http://www.doretti.co.uk/)
Albert Escalante CCBCC=Left Coast