Re: [Mgs] Radio question

To: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>,"MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Radio question
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:26:08 -0500
At 08:53 AM 8/6/2008 -0700, Ron Fine wrote:
>I have purchased a period British Motor Corporation AM radio for my
>66 MGB and I need to find out what size fuse I should use in the power line

10 amp fuse is enough.  Old radios only use 4 or 5 amps without any
external amplilfier.

>and what size or type of speaker to buy. ....

Nothing too large.  Anything more than 25 watts is a waste, as the
radio doesn't have that much power output.  8-ohms impedence is about
right.  4-ohms is only for modern setups with high current to the speakers.