Re: [Mgs] Looking for a rebuilt Zenith Stromberg...or a Weber DGV

To: riverside <riverside@cedar-rapids.net>, MGALUVR@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Looking for a rebuilt Zenith Stromberg...or a Weber DGV
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:27:48 -0700 (PDT)
Joe Curto wanted $250 plus shipping (and I assume tax) to rebuild my Z-S and
wouldn't even guarantee that the
automatic choke would work. If I had to replace that carb and wanted a stock
look, I'd definitely consider this solution.

BTW, I was pretty amazed at the condition of the float chamber plug and seal on
my Z-S carb - I had to replace them due
to leakage. Take a look at the picture below. The old plug was no more than 3
years old.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/P8180002.jpg

 Dan D
Central NJ USA