Re: [Mgs] Hurricane Ike

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Hurricane Ike
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 06:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Dan.  This storm is a real pisser.  I'm in Kansas City waiting for a
flight to Chicago!  My wife is in Houston. :-(  Fortunately, we live about 30
miles NW of Houston, near Tomball, and are in a new(ish) home.  We (she) should
be fine.  I finish a lecture tour this afternoon but as HOU and IAH are both
closed, I can't get home until either Saturday night or some time Sunday - if
even then.

Add to that, the driver's window on Nancy's Land Rover chose this week to fail
- in the down position.  We got it fixed but the vehicle wasn't back until last
night.  It just added to the stress of the situation.  I forsee a trade-in in
the near future.  Perhaps a BMW X3...

So, the bottom line is, NW Houston is (relatively) high ground and the house is
strong.  We (she) should be fine.

Thanks so much for the concern.  Lots of folks there are in tougher situations
than we are.  Lets hope Ike isn't as bad as the forecasters predict...

Rick