[Mgs] rear end clunk

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] rear end clunk
From: Bernd <1971mgb@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:15:39 -0400
thank's to all who replied to my request of how to repair my rear end clunk in
the 71 "B". The good news is that there is no bad news and the information I
received from this list was invaluable in helping me with this repair, a friend
and I finished the job this afternoon.
We had some difficulty in getting the axle shaft out but perseverance and the
impact hammer persuaded the axle shaft to come out. We also found that the
fibre washers had disintegrated over the years. After reassembly I drove the
car around the neighborhood and was pleased with the results.
Again thanks to all of you on the list who contributed to my successful
completion of fixing the clunk in the rear end.
B.
71 MGB