Re: [Mgs] Tourist Trophy exhaust?

To: "Todd Mullins" <muses@cableone.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Tourist Trophy exhaust?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:52:25 -0800
Todd.

The Falcon big bore and the Tourist Trophy should have similar
performance characteristics to the Peco system. All use a single
straight through muffler at the rear of the car. The Falcon system uses
1 7/8" pipe, the Tourist Trophy and Peco are 2".

I have seen no dyno comparisons between the three systems. Despite
marketing hoopla, I doubt if there will be a measurable difference
between them that would offset other changes in ambient conditions, such
as humidity and temperature.

Personally, I prefer the single box system simply because it has greater
ground clearance.

The Tourist Trophy system has been designed to work with rear tube shock
conversions, whereas the Falcon and Peco will hit the lower mount point
of a tube shock.

The soft mount system is a benefit for reduced vibration, but it does
use non stock components. The Falcon system can be installed using all
original hardware.

Both systems look alike from the back, only the Tourist Trophy is slice
cut with a very shiny can and the Falcon is straight cut.

The Tourist Trophy system bolts together using gaskets, the Falcon is
slip jointed and uses the original front donuts.

That's about it. I can't comment on the sound between the two units as
it is very subjective and to be honest I havn't heard the Tourist Trophy
lately.

I do have a Falcon BB with stock manifold on my supercharged 1970 MGB. I
bought it before the TT systems came out. It fit well and sounds good to
my ears. I'm going to fit the TT system to my lowered 1980 MGB beater.

Kelvin