[Mgs] Miata Chick Car Moniker Just Plain Stupid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Miata Chick Car Moniker Just Plain Stupid
From: Wilkmanracing@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 21:55:56 EST
The idea that a Miata is a "chick car" is just plain stupid.  It  points to
the power of the Internet to perpetuate pure dribble.  The  moniker was the
result of an idiotic Internet survey and the totally bogus  results have
circulated ever since.  The fact of the matter is the Miata is  the best sports
car
for the money, period.  And if the best handling, best  overall performing,
most
popular road racing car ever is a chick car, then all I  can say is SMART
CHICKS!  Type MX5 Miata in the YouTube search box and  you'll see that 90% of
the
videos are of these cars being road raced.  If  you've got real cajones you
won't let a bunch of knuckle dragging  overcompensating males decide what
you're going to buy as a sports  car.  I owned a 1990 Miata for 18 years and
then
bought a 2008 Miata.   I also own a 1960 MGA which my daughter and her friends
say looks really  cute.  Is my MGA also a "chick car"?  Frankly I don't care.
I  love it just as much, but for different reasons as I love my Miata.  I
don't need to hang a plastic set of balls from the tow hitch of my pickup truck

to prove I'm a "real" man.

Wanna have some fun.  Take a look at these videos of Miatas in  action:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B_EfFsAPxI_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B_EfFsAPxI)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOfmgky0vf8_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOfmgky0vf8)

Take one out for a test drive.  You will be amazed at what a truly  balanced
sports car the Miata is.

Bill Wilkman