Re: [Mgs] mgs@autox.team.net

To: Wilkmanracing@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] mgs@autox.team.net
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 22:05:50 -0600
I never heard the term "Chick car" until the '90s. I did her the term
secretary's car in the '60s, but I never heart it applied to any MG.
When I go auto crossing the S2000 and Miatas are cars to beat. When I
started working on my MGA the idea was to make it competitive with
the Miatas. The S2000 has too much engine to catch up. The A
generally is among the fastest British cars of pre'75 vintage, with
the exception of a few modified Jensen Healeys, and generally runs
pretty well with the Miatas, but not the Speed Miatas (durned
turbos). But every woman I ever heard talk about the A loved it. My
buddy Leo says that is because when looking at it from the top it has
the same shape they do. Come to think of it, he may be right. But
they have the same reaction to Cobras. I'm not real sure what, if
anything, that means.

Bob Shaw
shaws@mlcltd.com
My MGA is not leaking,