Re: [Mgs] Fw: Top Gear BS

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fw: Top Gear BS
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:18:31 +1030
Paul Hunt wrote:
>   PS.  Saying they aren't allowed to drive into a building *is* disengenuous.
> I know Health and Safety (the three most dangerous words in the English
> language) now rule all but they drove the Toyota truck that had been dropped a
> couple of hundred feet from the top of a demolished building into the
> 'theatre' with all the audience around it, fractured chassis and all.

They might not be QUITE so flamboyant next year (unless Clarkson donates
some of his salary to the show's production budget)!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/dec/29/top-gear-bbc-budget-cuts-jeremy-clarkson

"Budget cuts at the BBC mean "nobody's got a pot to piss in any more",
according to the executive producer of BBC2's Top Gear.

"Andy Wilman, who is presenter Jeremy Clarkson's business partner as
well as executive producer on Top Gear  BBC2's top-rated show  said
the budget for the next series was being cut and warned it would affect
what viewers saw on screen."

"No point in moaning about that  all shows are suffering and nobody's
got a pot to piss in any more anyway, so no reason why we shouldn't
suffer as well," said Wilman."

===

"However, Clarkson is believed to have signed a new #2million-a-year
contract with the show earlier this year, while Richard Hammond is paid
#25,000 a show and May #20,000."