[Mgs] Wisconsin Auction Recon Part 1 of 2

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Wisconsin Auction Recon Part 1 of 2
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:35:52 -0500
I got a chance to look at the Bugeye (59) and MGB (68) that are being
auctioned off tomorrow.  Both are good cars.  Do not know if they run
but it wouldn't take much.  Coil is out of the BE and they had a temp.
6v battery sitting in there and the B's battery is flat.

Bugeye:  There is rust through on the battery/heater deck.  Sills are
totally bondo but did not detect any Taco Bell wrappers so it's not one
of Frank's. ;-)   The engine is 948 with original H1 carbs, a cheapie
header, and maybe work on the block as the number plate is gone.  Block
says 950 using the braille method.  New floors are needed and lower body
panels too...lots of bondo.  Instruments all original and it has an
interior rearview mirror like mine (not the clamp on); another ? for
another time.  Spring boxes are questionable and the car sits like it
should.  Windscreen original and original vinyl sidecurtains.  Aluminum
sliding sidescreens (perspex, oops, sorry, plexiglass) are being
auctioned separately and they need cleaning and new felt.  A torn apart
smooth case in a box and other misc. parts are there too.  So, mostly
original with replacement parts (even tach drive gearbox with knurled
fastener but body held by 2 screws (a 3rd option??? Geez) that are
period correct; no go faster mods.  New top and tonneau needed.  If I
were doing it, it would be a ground up project, but a relative easy
one.  Actually it's pretty close to the Holy Sprite.
END PART 1