Re: [Mgs] Adding relays to the headlight circuits

Subject: Re: [Mgs] Adding relays to the headlight circuits
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:23:06 +0100
Nope.  In fact because it will normally be the alternator that is powering the
lights and not the battery it makes even more sense than the slightly better
source of solenoid over brown at the fusebox.  I've done the same thing myself
on the V8 for the cooling fans, although in that case I have left the
'original' (as it came to me at any rate) brown supply connected as well so
now I effectively have a double-capacity 'ring-main' circuit feeding
everything.

BTW, you would normally have two + output spades plus one *INDicator* spade,
not a sense spade.  Where earlier factory alternators did have a sense spade
this was in addition to a single output spade and the indicator spade.

PaulH.