Re: [Mgs] clutch?

To: rabeys@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] clutch?
From: Richard Gosling <rbgosling@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:09:53 +0100
Yes Stephanie, that sounds like a clutch issue.  There are some springs in
the clutch plate, these can break and jam the clutch so it is permanently
engaged, even though the pedal feels normal when you press it - that would
also cause the clutch to be unbalanced, causing that vibration.  That
happened to my Spitfire many moons ago.  There are probably other causes,
but it will be a clutch problem of some sort.

Does the clutch pedal feel normal when you press it?

In any case, something is wrong with the clutch, exactly what will become
apparent when you take it apart.  But, since you have to get it apart
anyway, you might as well replace everything in there while it is open -
clutch and throw-out bearing.

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)